This is a small summary of what happened in the NXT Pay-Per-View (PPV) or NXT TakeOver: 31 held on Sunday, 4th October at the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida. Prior to the start of the event, NXT's official Twitter account posted a tweet about the event.
The tweet said, "Welcome to the Capitol Wrestling Center. Let's make magic tonight. #NXTTakeOver #WeAreNXT"
- In the Capitol Wrestling Center there are 100 real fans and virtual fans like in the Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Thunderdome
Nothing to report since there was the usual spoken hour conducted by Scott Stanford on the recap of the feuds.
Single Match for the NXT North American Championship:
Damian Priest beats Johnny Gargano (Priest remains champion).
Priest defeated Gargano by way of a pinfall move. Through a series of tweets across its various official Twitter portals, WWE teased the action between Priest and Gargano. One tweet read, "Wait... then 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒌𝒆.
#JohnnyTakeOver is looking more like #JohnnyRuthless tonight. #NXTTakeOver @JohnnyGargano @ArcherOfInfamy" Another said, "On (Razor's) EDGE. #NXTTakeOver @ArcherOfInfamy @JohnnyGargano" while the third was all about, "Your daily reminder of why we call @JohnnyGargano #JohnnyTakeOver.
Thank you. #NXTTakeOver @ArcherOfInfamy"
Kushida beats Velveteen Dream
Single Match for the Cruiserweight Championship:
Santos Escobar beats Isaiah "Swerve" Scott (Escobar remains champion)
Women's Match for the NXT Women's Championship:
Io Shirai beats Candice LeRae (Io Shirai remains champion)
Singles Match for the NXT Championship:
Finn Balor beats Kyle O'Reilly (Balor remains champion)
Notes from the show:
- The new location for NXT is very nice both visibly and environmentally.
- Tag Team Titles have not been defended in this TakeOver.
- Toni Storm reappeared at TakeOver and openly challenged Io Shirai for the title.
- The mystery of the former NXT champion who returns to the yellow brand has been revealed: she is not Bo Dallas as everyone expected but Ember Moon after having been in the pits for a serious injury for more than 1 year.
- At the end of the match between Kyle O'Reilly and Finn Balor, the two shook hands but then Ridge Holland appeared with Adam Cole on his shoulder at dead weight as if he had attacked him.