Bret Hart on Being Warned about WCW



by   |  VIEW 3079

Bret Hart on Being Warned about WCW

After the Montreal Screwjob that took place in 1997, the legendary Bret Hart actually left the WWE and joined WCW. He was one of WWE’s most valuable talents and was one of the reasons why WWE was giving the WCW a hard time during the Monday Night Wars.

Needless to say, losing Bret to WCW was a big loss for the WWE at that time. They were already struggling to keep ratings high and WCW was beating them fairly easily. Bret was on the Broken Skulls podcast with Steve Austin recently.

He spoke about recommending Steve to Vince McMahon. Vince actually hired Steve and they worked together. They eventually beat WCW during the Monday Night Wars. Bret also spoke about the fact that Steve actually warned him about WCW.

"You know who told me that [not to go over to WCW], you," Hart stated. "I remember you were talking to me and said 'They don't know what they hell they're doing down there.' Guys that had been there [in WCW], including Kevin Nash and different guys who had been there before, said 'Don't ever go there.

They are the dumbest idiots in the world.' I kind of knew that before I went. But I mean, they really proved that to me - that they were the stupidest people that could ever run a wrestling business”. "There was so much talent that I could have worked with - Booker T., Hulk Hogan.

I should've worked with Hogan right away. I should have had Hulk Hogan in a sharpshooter and done some big numbers with him”.