Triple H addresses Velveteen Dream's return to NXT TV



by   |  VIEW 518

Triple H addresses Velveteen Dream's return to NXT TV

Triple H is heavily involved in the WWE programming writing process and holds complete creative control over his character of his TV storylines, win / lose record and titled kingdoms. He has won twenty-four WWE titles and is a fourteen-time world champion, having won the WWF/E Championship nine times and the World Heavyweight Championship five times.

He was the first World Heavyweight Champion, having received the title in September 2002, won the King of the Ring (1997), the Royal Rumble (2002 and 2016) and was the second winner of the Grand Slam Championship. Outside of wrestling he has made numerous film and television appearances.

WWE’s investigations into Velveteen Dream have finally been discussed by the company, with Triple H saying they looked into them. The Game told CBS Sports that the company did an investigation and were unable to find anything.

Triple H on Velveteen Dream

“You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously,” he said. “You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn’t.

In this situation, [Clark] was also involved in a car accident. That’s what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone’s attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there’s nothing there.

Everything that we have done, we are comfortable with him continuing to do what he does and everything else. But he had a car accident. It stemmed down to people thought we removed him from TV for different reasons. We didn’t.

He was in a car accident" - Triple H said on Velveteen Dream. He continued, “Once he was medically cleared to be able to return to the ring from his car accident, we continued forward the way we did. We looked into what was there and we didn’t find anything”.

Velveteen Dream made a return to WWE television last Wednesday on the company's NXT brand, an appearance that came as a surprise not just because he had been out of action for over two months. Facing s****l misconduct accusations about alleged online conversations with underage fans that surfaced in June during the #SpeakingOut movement, Velveteen Dream (real name Patrick Clark) was suddenly off WWE TV after losing an NXT championship match to Adam Cole at NXT TakeOver: In Your House.