WWE releases Zelina Vega



by   |  VIEW 916

WWE releases Zelina Vega

Zelina Vega leaves WWE, and does so suddenly, with no sign that her relationship with the company was close to an explosion that instead came with all her might. And it was certified by an all in all polite but extremely concise message from the Stamford-based company.

And that suggests that the separation was painful for both of them. "WWE has reached an agreement for the release of Zelina Vega. We wish her all the best for her future endeavors", reads the single line of the article with which the federation greets one of its most promising Superstars.

The statement appeared on the official WWE website and was then relaunched on the company's social channels.

WWE releases Zelina Vega

WWE, as known, had recently decided to prevent its employees from having personal activities on social networks and platforms of various types, instead wanting to concentrate them all under its own wing.

Zelina Vega was instead active on 'OnlyFans' and especially on Twitch. A detail that may have now paid dearly. In recent weeks there has been a lot of talk about his possible future in WWE. After abandoning Angel Garza and Andrade, Zelina Vega had already fought in titled matches and was starting a career as a wrestler and no longer as a manager that seemed to open the doors to near success for her.

Especially since Vince McMahon was credited as a huge fan of his. All of this, however, suddenly exploded on an anonymous American Friday night. The one that got Zelina Vega out of WWE. The move has drawn criticism from WWE talent, including from Vega.

On her Twitch channel she shares with husband Aleister Black, the two told fans that they likely wouldn't be seeing activity from the account in the near future. "We don't know but it's starting to look like, obviously that this might be the last one for a while," Black said.

"We haven't been told anything... but, like, it's not definite, it's not like this is the last final stream ever." Vega added, "Although it could be. I want you to be prepared for that, too." The issue of the WWE's third-party edict drew the attention of former Democratic Presidential candidate Andrew Yang, who criticized the decision when it was revealed.

"A lot of it is that wrestlers are afraid to speak out, and I've had wrestlers past and present reach out to me and say that Vince has been getting away with exploitation of wrestlers calling them independent contractors while controlling their activities for years and years," Yang said.

"A lot of it is just that they are a quasi-monopoly, and wrestlers fear that if they do try and unionize or organize in any way that Vince doesn't like, that it will never work again."